Wednesday 13 February 2013

[Review] Thierry

I was downtown the other day with some friends, and since we were in the neighborhood we decided to check out Thierry.


We went there mid-afternoon-ish, so the cake selection was rather small 
(that is compared to the website)

So, I settled on the tiramisu.


Tiramisu had a nice rich coffee flavor. 
The mascarpone bit seemed like there were more of the cream than the mascarpone.

There's also a thin layer of sponge, like a really thin layer.
This cake was definitely good, but not the best tiramisu.



I also picked up some madeleines.
Very lemony and yummy BUT it was a bit dry.


On a separate day, I also picked up some chocolate croissants and brioche.
They were good but not great. Especially with the brioche, it actually tasted like choux pastry...


Overall Experience:
Service: N/A
(I took the desserts to go, but from my brief interaction, the staff are "friendly" but not genuine)
Food: 3.8/5
Atmosphere: 4/5
(Super crowded)



Thierry
1059 Alberni Street (Downtown)



Thierry Chocolaterie Patisserie Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment