Thursday 24 January 2013

[Review] La Chocolaterie

Ganache, the perfect smooth and choclate-y goodness!
If you're a chocolate lover as I am, you have to have ganache!!

And so, when I heard from my friends that there is a store in Richmond that sells ganache, and not just any ganache, but ganache with a Japanese touch, I just had to (really really had to) go check it out!!


Located inside Izumi-ya Japanese Marketplace, it's a small store.
The showcase was lined with different types of goodies, like their famous coconama (ganache cubes) and tarts and etc

I chose the strong green tea and yuzu coconama cups. 
(Yeah I know, after hyping it up, I only chose two flavors, but in my defense, they were a bit on the pricier side, so I couldn't just pick every single flavor, which is what I truly wanted to do.)

Strong Green Tea Coconama
Oh so creamy, oh so good! With a white chocolate base, the green tea flavor melded so well. 
And as the title suggests, the green tea did have a nice rich flavor, however, it didn't overpower the white chocolate, it was a perfect harmony~

Yuzu (type of citrus) Coconama
The strong citrus-y flavors of the yuzu matched the dark chocolate ganache well. 
Also, there were some yuzu zest blended into the ganache, which gave it an interesting chewy texture.
I like yuzu, so I liked this coconama, but just a warning to those that have never had it before, this one may be a love or hate type of ganache.

I got more! Some updates:

Earl Grey
Dark chocolate ganache with a hint of earl grey. Very refreshing flavor but it still maintains a rich earl grey flavor.

Rich Coffee
This one almost tasted almost like tiraimsu~
So yummy, the coffee flavor is not too strong nor too weak, it's just right!


Wasabi
The wasabi one is um...very interesting.
It doesn't taste bad per se, but I don't think I'll be buying this again.
I felt like I was eating chocolate and a tube of wasabi at the same time. There are chuncks of wasabi paste, so when you hit those, boy was it spicy...
I think this one would be a fun one just to try with a group of friends.




Overall, great quality ganache, I can't wait to go back to try more flavors and even try different products they offer like the tarts!
I will definitely update when I do =D


Overall Experience:
Service: N/A
Food: 4.2/5
(They were delicious but pricey for the amount: $5.45 per cup including tax, 10 cubes in a cup)
Atmosphere: N/A




La Chocolaterie
#160, 7971 Alderbridge Way (Richmond)
Located inside Izumi-Ya


La Chocolaterie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment