Wednesday 16 January 2013

[Review] Faubourg

Last weekend, I walked by Faubourg, or pronounced "foboor," and couldn't resist and decided to enter.
They do offer high tea here as well, but this time I decided to just buy some baked goodies.


As soon as I saw the pain chocolate, I just had to try some. 
These were really good! Upon taking my first bite, I was met with rich buttery goodness, mixed in with the aroma of chocolate~
So delicious and nice and flaky! Much much better than Thomas Haas.


I also saw some mille feuille, which means a thousand layers/sheets.

These were unique as they were cassis (blackcurrant) mille feuille. 
So the top layer had cassis cream and the bottom had custard cream.
They were a tiny bit over-baked and had a slightly bitter taste, but that aside, the cream were so smooth and yummy. 
The slight tang from the cassis cream complimented the sweet and rich custard cream well.
The puff pastry was rich and flaky, and just right. Overall, overlooking the over-baked-ness, these were pretty good.



Overall Experience:
Service: N/A
Food: 4.5/5
Atmosphere: 4/5



Faubourg
2156 West 41st Avenue (Kerrisdale)




Faubourg on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment