Wednesday 16 January 2013

[Review] Thomas Haas Chocolates & Patisserie

I was in the neighbourhood, so I decided to pop into the Thomas Haas store to pick up some goodies.

There were lots of selections, but I decided to buy the 'Pain au Chocolat' and the 'Brioche.'

Pain au chocolate: $2.95
It was good, but did not meet my expectations. When I bit into it, the flavour was rather lacking for a croissant, and the texture was so-so. 
However, the chocolate part was very yummy, but all in all, not up to my expectations.


Brioche: $2.35
I quite liked the brioche. Not too buttery or sweet, but just right. And it was really light and fluffy, a double plus~!!


Orange Blossom Brioche: $2.95
The tartness from the apricot on top and sweetness from the custard cream was a good match.


Manjari Chocolate Cake: $5.50
Rich chocolate cake...was okay, nothing special.


Stilton cheesecake: $5.50
The rhubarb compote that came with this was a great addition. It offset the rather distinctive taste of the Stilton cheese. This was pretty good.


Overall, I personally think Thomas Haas is a bit overrated. 
I will say that the sweets they make are good, but it's nothing special. Especially considering the price of each sweets, it's not exactly worth it. It is good, it's just that it's not great.


Overall Experience
Service: N/A 
(there are seating areas but this time I took the food to go)
Food: 3.7/5
Atmosphere: 3.5/5
(very crowded)



Thomas Haas Chocolates & Patisserie
2539 West Broadway (Kitslano)



Thomas Haas Fine Chocolates & Patisserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment